Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Poem


Metro Hero
Lafayette Square
"Beep Beep"
Doors closing
Man leisurely exiting
Almost out
"Beep Beep"
The doors slammed shut!
Face smooshed, fat in between
Fingers toes turning green
Suddenly
Doors rip rapidly open on scene!
METRO HERO
Again frees an innocent bystander

"Beep Beep"
Screams
Muscles bulging
Hero races to the next metro stop
Saves another
He stalks the doorways
Searching for victims to free
To gain revenge
Sweet revenge
From the time the evil metro took his finger
The door slammed shut on his precious pinkie
"Beep Beep"
Doors strike again
FLASH!
METRO HERO!
Victim freed
The metro jaws surrender
Cold, metal, bone crunching jaws leaving empty
L'Efant Plaza
The doors wait, like a hungry lion
Stalking its prey
Growling with hunger
Waiting to devour
Searching for a chance
A chance to pounce

"Beep Beep"
Doors attack
WHOOSH
METRO HERO!
"M: gleaming on his chest
Spandex suit hiding his features
Sweat dripping from his brow
Again defeats metro jaws

No match for hero
Metro doors accept defeat
They finally surrender
The Hero moves on from D.C.
To defeat another metro
Keep metro riders safe
SWOOSH
Metro hero vanishes!
"Beep Beep"
Doors closing

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS!!! "Beep beep, step back, doors closing!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem is sooooo awesome! It really captures the whole metro experience. Especially when that old guy got stuck in the door. Good thing the metro hero (or in this case, Doug) was there to save him! In my opinion, metros are a little bit intimidating. When they rush by, and you feel like they're going to cut off your limbs or something, it's a bit scary. Good thing they have those truncated domes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the metro hero, that is a great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The experiance of the metro was captured by the fact that you told about how it talked and captured its prey when they least expected it. I believe that you summed up how scary they were. Although you make them sound evil, i think that if you added how much fun they were, then someone would want to ride them. I thank the teachers for getting on us about the truncated domes, someone could have gotten hurt and that would have been no fun. If you were the Metro Hero how would your day go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed you must have payed a lot of attention to the metro's or been really inspired by them. This is a fantastic poem, it's so creative. I love how you did a different color for each section just like he metro colors. Also my favorite part was,
    "The doors wait, like a hungry lion
    Stalking its prey
    Growling with hunger
    Waiting to devour
    Searching for a chance
    A chance to pounce" It was so easy to imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I totally agree with Caleb that it was easy to imagine and I also liked the color scheme. Wow your poem made me think back of when Mr. Doug got his head stuck in the doors. D.C. was amazing and I want to go back some day. Does anyone else want to go back?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also agree with Caleb, and I also like how ou really captured the terror of the metro. And, to answer AJ, Who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although the metro in D.C was a lot of fun this ia very true, if you do not hurry on, the doors will close and squish you. My favorite line is
    "M: gleaming on his chest
    Spandex suit hiding his features
    Sweat dripping from his brow
    Again defeats metro jaws"
    I can just see a big guy in a super hero suit, ripping the doors apart, it makes me laugh! But overall, I loved how much thought you put in to making the different stanzas different colors like the metro paths.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your poem just brought back many memories! Wow! You are so expressive, vivid, inspiring, and artistic all at the same time. I can tell that you put great energy into this poem because when I read it I feel the anticipation and excitement. I could read it over and over! I might just read one more time before I go.

    ReplyDelete