Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Hot Shot Tournament
Soccer! Through sweat, pain, and tears my soccer team has developed over the years into an outstanding, hard-working soccer team, Valley Thunder. With mostly 12-13 year olds on our team we play up in the U14 age bracket. With so much talent and perseverence on our team we have "wowed" many parents who have come to watch our games. May 15-16 we had an oppurtunity to play in a soccer tournament in CDA. We took it! First Game: Won! 3-1 was the score, and we came out on top. I had 1 assist that game. My whole team played hard, fast, and skillfully. Game 2: (same day) Won! 4-0. I had 2 assists. The parents on the sidelines were so amazed at how we played this game they followed our schedule to come catch our next game. Game 3: (day 2) Won! 6-0. I had 3 assists this game. Our crowd now grew from different people all over to watch us play our hearts out and connect as a team on the field. Finally we have made it to the Championship Game! Everyone's nerves grew as we warmed up. This team was going to be tough and we were preparing for a fight. The reffs called up captains and we trotted up to him at the half line. Coin toss was called and we got the ball. Nerves were mounting upon nerves. The whistle blew, the game started, we fought, we fought long and hard and we were dead tired. We lost. 3-0. We got second. Tears. Tears falling. Tears gathering. Tears shed. We could of had the win but we fell apart. I was devestated. I was angry. I was crying. Loosing never leaves you the least bit happy. But we still walked up and got our second place trophies and held our heads high. Our coach and parents satisfied with a good hard weekend of soccer. Next tournament, everyone better watch out! We have a goal to reach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment